Can we set notifications on a JIRA request for follow up at a later point in time

Shivangi Dubey February 9, 2017

I have received a request from management, they want me to set-up a calendar for all service desk agents so, they would get alarm notification for issues near the due date.

Sometimes they get issues raised in Feb. which could only be worked on in June/July for those requests they are asking to set a notification on a JIRA request for follow up later. Is there any solution to this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
QuentinB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2017

Hello,
I think a good solution for your need is to create a filter for the issue
An example : issuetype = "Task" and Status in ("Open", "In Progress") and duedate >= -6d

Save filter and then subscribe the user to this filter : 

Regards

1 vote
Shivangi Dubey February 10, 2017

@Quentin Bellégo [Valiantys]

Thank you for you help.

But I am still finding it difficult to apply for each issue.

I have a list of issues created this month on different dates and their due dates are different as well say,

Date Created                 Due date

issue A    Feb. 2nd                        June 15th

issue B    Feb 5th                          July 1st

issue C   Feb 9th                           July 9th

and they want me to do something where an assignee can receive an alert/alarm/notification something a week or 5 days prior to the due date, so they won't forget to work on the issue because of long gap.

Suggest an answer