Can we set a custom field as mandatory based on other custom field value ?

Hello,

i have two fields  :

One field with a check box :

Documentation provided : yes no

if the gield Documentation prodived = Yes , i would like that my fields  location of documentation (which is a text) becomes required

is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Pitt Community Champion May 11, 2016

It depends on when the first one is filled out. Since you're in the cloud you don't have access to scripting. If the field is saved BEFORE you want to test for it you can do it with a validator from the JIRA suite utilities. You can setup 2 transitions that test for the field. If it is full allow transition 1 and use the JIRA suite utilities to make the field required in the transition (make sure it is on the transition screen). Transition 2 would be allowed if the field is empty and wouldn't require the field. The user will only see one of the transitions depending on the status of the checked field.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,647 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you