Can we seperate email issues from other issues?

Hi,

In Jira is there any way to seperate email issues from other issues. We have a client requirement to sperate the issues created via email from manauly created issues.

Thank you

sunesh

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

An obvious but not necessarily elegant way to do this is to set your email handler to create tickets in a project specifically for emailed issues.

Another more refined way might be to set the email handler to create tickets in the same project as your manually created ones, but to use a custom issue type (say "Emailed Requests") for the emailed ones. You can set your handler to create issues with that specific issue type.

Thank you Randall for your response. The issue for us is that we may need to change the issue type into bug or enhancement later which will remove the tracking.

is there any way in the email handler where we can specify a component name like "Emailed requests"?

Appreciate your support

Sunesh

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

113 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you