Can we revert a license back?

thomas angel October 31, 2016

Hi

I upgraded our Service desk license but now it says

"This JIRA Service Desk license isn't compatible with the current version of JIRA Service Desk. To use this license you need to upgrade to JIRA 6.3.5 and JIRA Service Desk 2.0. To learn more, see theFAQ."

Could we please revert the license back to the previous one?

I don't have the previous license anymore as I pasted the new one over it, would appreciate help with this.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2016

You should be able to find your license from your my.atlassian.com. If not, you will have to restore from a backup.

thomas angel October 31, 2016

Thanks for answering, it isn't the latest license for the service desk but a previous one, are previous licenses stored?

Also presumably for a backup we'd lose everything after that point?

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2016

Also presumably for a backup we'd lose everything after that point?

Yup. So make your decisions quick and fast.

Sean M October 3, 2019

Sorry to necro-post, but like Thomas I was also unable to find my old license on my.atlassian.com. I opened up a support ticket and they gave it to me (as well as telling me i could find it on my.atlassian.com.... but where?)

In our case, someone applied an upgraded user tier without first arranging for all the plugins to be upgraded.

So if anyone comes across this in a Google search -- as i did -- open up a support ticket, set it to the highest priority (since it's probably rendered your system unusable) and someone from Atlassian should promptly respond with your old license.

Like Kimberly Deal likes this

Suggest an answer