Can we restrict who can view a specific attachment?

Similar to comments, we want to be able to restrict specific attachments and screenshots as they are added to an issue based on Project Roles and/or User Groups.  For example, I might add a file that is viewable by all users but then add a file that is only viewable by my team. Is there an add-on or enhancement to allow this?  

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Paulo Hennig Atlassian Team Jul 08, 2015

Hello Deb,

You can do it by your Permission Scheme set to your project. It allows you to configure who can create and delete attachments.

Hi Paulo, Actually, this is not what I need. I made my question a bit more descriptive. I am looking to add restrictions dynamically when a user attaches a file or screenshot, so that some attachments can be restricted to certain users while other attachments are not restricted.

Hello Deb,
I'm very interested about this feature, seems you don't get a lot of answers. Have you find any workaround since then, and do you have an idea on how to push to have such an enhancement?
Thks
Jerome

Joe Pitt Community Champion Jun 22, 2018

Not out of the box. Look in the marketplace for a plugin, however tailoring it by users may by a bit too much. It may be by project roles. I presume the user that uploads the attachment would have to select the restriction. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

115 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you