Can we put Groovy script outside of JIRA Installation?

Krishna Kumar Mandal December 12, 2014

Hello @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist],

I have an specific question regarding Script runner and grovvy script.

Can we put groovy script for validation, condition or Post-function outside of JIRA installation (Script folder)?

I want to put script somewhere on network and don't want to do anything inside the JIRA Installation folder.

I tested this by putting the script on network and giving network path of script in JIRA and it seems to work.

What do you say? Should i do like this or there is some technical problem which i am not aware of?

Thanks,

Krishna

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2014

Well, it can go in any "script root". By default one is created for you in your JIRA home directory. This is not inside the installation folder, and you're right not to want to put anything in the installation dir.

You can use any directory and point to it with a property in your startup script. More info here: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Upgrading+to+3.0#Upgradingto3.0-ScriptRoots

Krishna Kumar Mandal December 14, 2014

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] thank you very much for quick answer.

Suggest an answer