Can we publish forge app in atlassian marketplace?

Surya A May 10, 2021

Hey all,
    I am working in the project to integrate third party service within jira issue ticket page. At first I am doing some research to create an application in JIRA. Using this research i knew that we can create two different apps with JIRA. 
1. Connect app
2. Forge app
I saw some examples of forge app and i hope with forge app i can complete my requirements. But the only problem is we can't publish the forge app in atlassian marketplace. Today i saw the contents of the forge app changed in this website.
https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/getting-started/
Is it possible to publish forge app in atlassian marketplace? i have another one requirement also. after installing the app from atlassian marketplace i need to ask some inputs from user. Is it possible to store that data securely withour using db?
I already tried it with connect app. In connect app, it's possible to publish an app but there we need our own db to store data securely. 
Which app is best to meet my requirements? Please share your suggestions and answers.

Thanks in advance..

1 answer

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Hi @Surya A , since a short while you can publish Forge apps in the marketplace.  However you can't securely store credentials for external services at this time in Forge.

Surya A May 12, 2021

Hai marc, Thanks for you reply. Then is there any way to store credentials securely without using own db?

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

Not that I know of.

Suggest an answer