Can we please return the ability for an Admin to change the user's name? It has disappeared!

Agent - Nikki Dolvig March 14, 2017

While logged in as an Admin, I used to be able to change the name on the user accounts that I've created.  This allowed us to label our service desk agents with the label  of 'Agent - xx'.  In the last couple of weeks, it seems this feature has disappeared, as it is now grayed out and no longer editable.

We are now stuck with some users that are named 'Agent - xx' and not actually an agent, and others with no agent in their name.  This helped us to easily differentiate the permissions and actions that users are capable of, without opening each individual account.

Please reinstate this feature!

1 answer

0 votes
cptBarbosa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2017

Hi Nikki, to change a user full name, now they have to access their Atlassian account and change the information. They can change, organization, job title and full name there.

You can also access: JAC and create a feature request about this.

Hope it helps.

Agent - Nikki Dolvig March 14, 2017

But can I do it as the Administrator instead of asking them to change their individual Atlassian account profile?

cptBarbosa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2017

The only way to do this to disable Atlassian account and/or G suite. But be aware, if you do this you will have a hard time with your users about changing passwords and what is my username...

Atlassian account - documentation in case you have any doubt of the impact it has on your instance.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer