Can we move the issues which are in still Pending in Previous Sprint to future sprint?

venugopal123 August 30, 2017

Hi,

I am currently running a sprint and suppose my sprint comes to an end and some of the issues are still not completed. So once the sprint ends it goes to backlog but I want the issues to move to next planned sprint. Is it possible. How can we move incomplete issues to next planned sprint rather than going to backlog section. Kindly provide your views and help me resolve the issue

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2017

Hey Venu,

When you close a Sprint there is an option to put any incomplete items into the backlog or into another scheduled/planned Sprint.Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 10.10.51 AM.png

This is a bulk change though so all issues will either be put into either the backlog or the next Sprint.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

venugopal123 August 30, 2017

Thank your Quick response. I got to know that option bcoz of you .Thanks 

venugopal123 August 31, 2017

Hi,

When I am moving the incomplete issues to another sprint at the end of the former sprint, is there a way I can differentiate the issues as the spill over from the previous sprint. How can I differentiate the spill over issues from the planned issues. Kindly guide me and help me achieve it

Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

Hey Venu,

There are a couple of ways you can see this info.  All incomplete issues will have a history of being in a previous Sprint, so if you include the "Sprint" field on the View section of your screens you will be able to see a list of Sprints that the issue has been included in.  

There is also "Agile" section on issues (I belive it can be enabled/diasbled, or may be an add-on) that shows active Sprints where the items is included and Closed Sprints where the item was included.

Alternatively you can use the "sprint in closedSprints()" JQL function to see any items that were included in a previous Sprint.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Suggest an answer