Can we modify the help file on JIRA

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

HI

I want to be able to modify the help file (the small icon next to priority or issue types, which details the various options for priority or issue types or statuses).

Now, although I can modify the definitions of values of these attributes but I cannot change the definition of these attributes. e.g. I can modify definition of P0 or a P1 but i cannot modify definition of Priority in the help file.

How can we modify

1. the definition of status

I want to modify this text:

Each issue has a status, which indicates the stage of the issue. In the default workflow, issues start as being Open, progressing to In Progress, Resolved and then Closed. Other workflows may have other status transitions.

2. Definition of issue types

JIRA can be used to track many different types of issues. The currently defined issue types are listed below. In addition, you can add more in the administration section.

3. definition of resolution

An issue can be resolved in many ways, only one of them being "Fixed". The defined resolutions are listed below. You can add more in the administration section.

4. Definition of priority

An issue has a priority level which indicates its importance. The currently defined priorities are listed below. In addition, you can add more priority levels in the administration section.

3 answers

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

I don't know if it helps, but I would try using this plugin, it allows to change pretty much any text in jira.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.translations.jira.inproduct

If that don't help, check(extract) your language file (jira-language-pack-UK.......jar), you may find there old text, replace it with new one.

0 votes
Deleted user May 13, 2014

I'm also interested in this

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2014

Any update guys....?

Suggest an answer