Can we make folders in Jira within an issue and add files to the folder

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

No. JIRA doesn't use a folder structure except to store attachments. It is a database application. 

1 vote
Steven C_ October 24, 2021

Features Request 10.2021

1. Folder for Columns on Dev Board:

This would be very valuable. If one runs sprints with multiple tickets attributed to a release date, it would help to be able to create a release date folder and add those tickets to that folder, so that the vertical display of tickets is shortened. If you have 200 tickets, that is very inefficient for review, search, and correlating workstreams to a specific point in time/project. 

2. Information Panel/Status

Allow the end-user UI to accommodate the ability to create Information Types/Statuses with more colors to choose from. Provide a folder structure to create reusable templates for quick access for use in documentation of conversations, notes, etc. 

3. Support Board

Provide the same functionality as #2 above, but expand for Internal/External communications to be able to flag conversations and search within the ticket.

4. Tasks

Provide the ability to create tasks and set up notification reminders around tasks, as a means to manage tickets/workload balancing on daily basis. 

5. Improve Mobile Application

Application is severely lacking features/functions to manage boards/tickets to the same high level of expectation as desktop. I understand mobile is generally never at the level of desktop, but there are key oversites to the functionality of mobile.

Ex. 

a. Does not sync to the current board and has no ability to see all tickets. Ex. My support board has over 1000 tickets, yet I can only see up to 106. 

b. Provide the ability to define a ticket # range and view. Provide the ability to change the sort order by ascending/descending and vice versa. Right now I can only view from the lowest number up to 106. I want to start with the most recent tickets. 

c. Calendar date fields and some other fields lack responsiveness to touch. Difficult to define field categories using mobile. 

Thank you

Suggest an answer