Can we list jira tickets that have ever been assigned to someone?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

We are looking for this for reporting, lisiting only current assignees doesnt tell too much about previous activity.

3 answers

1 accepted

20 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2013

Hi Sorin,

did you try "assignee was username" ?

Cheers

Thomas

mohanraj August 4, 2018

Thanks a lot

stam_epicmorg November 12, 2019

Thank you so much!

❤️

Sanket Varu October 14, 2020

With respect to this question, I would like to check if there is a way to display different assignees in columns?

Example- Columns like Assignee 1, Assignee 2, Assignee 3

OR a single column Assignees that has an array of assignees.

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2020

@Sanket VaruIt is not possible out-of-the-box.

Marina Stover February 16, 2021

Worked for me all these year later :)

0 votes
Prasanth Mukundan July 15, 2020

assignee was username
..should do the job

0 votes
ConradR
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

With JQL:

assignee was admin

where "admin" is the user.

See: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-Assignee

/edit: If you want to find all issues that have ever been assigned to anyone, you could use

assignee != NULL OR assignee changed

Rob Reinhardt April 28, 2020

It would be nice if this worked with was in membersOf("") as well so you can do this for a group; but it doesn't seem to work even though it lists membersOf as one of the choices for 'was in' (btw, membersOf works fine for the same group when I just use "in") so I know the group and the syntax are legit.

Like Peter Bengov likes this

Suggest an answer