Can we link the issue while creation only?

Arpita Argulwar June 5, 2014

Hello Team,

I am using Jira 3.13, wanted to know is there any way/feature/plugin to make the linking required while creation of the issue.

Please let me know incase you need any further details.

Regards,

Arpita Argulwar

2 answers

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2014

Hi Arpita,

You can add the 'Linked issue' field to your screen schema and you can make it as required then only it will ask for link while creation. For more details to how to do please have a look on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Screen#DefiningaScreen-Configuringascreen'stabsandfields

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Patina

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2014

Er, no, Arpita can't do that. Jira 3.13 doesn't have that field.

Arpita Argulwar June 5, 2014

Yeah, Nic is right. This feature is not compatible with Jira3.13. :-)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2014

All the plugins I know of to do that are for much later versions.

Jira 3.13 doesn't actually have a way to mkae links as you create, so you'd need to add that functionality first, and then enforce it (a validator will do the enforcing if necessary, and I'd use the script-runner to do it)

Suggest an answer