Can we learn the Availability KPI of Jira tool ?

Alyosa Yesko February 8, 2018

My company is using Jira as an incident management tool and I would like to know the Service Availability KPI of Jira itself ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2018

You'll need to define a useful KPI (or set thereof) and then monitor it to see if it meets them.  Latest version of Server has an extended range of JMX functions you might find useful.

Thanks for your answer. Actually I am asking for the Service Availability of the Jira tool itself. I am not trying to  track the KPIs that I am using ( I am already doing that )

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2018

I'm afraid I don't understand.  You already asked that, and I told you that you'll need to work out what KPIs you want from it and then monitor it.

Sorry if I could not be clear. Let me try to make it more clear with an example :

For ex:  Atlassian can say to a company that if you use Jira, it will be available %99 and  24*7*365  etc.  How much downtime or planned outage do they expect ? (if any)

Please let me know if it is still not clear. 

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2018

No, there's no way they can say that.  They have no control over the servers or configuration that company who has installed Jira are using.  It's up to you to determine that on your hardware.

Suggest an answer