Can we hide system field like comment , attachments on workflow transition using Groovy, Behaviour etc ?

Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014

is it possible to hide system fields like comment , attachment etc on workflow transition using behaviuors or any other scripts ?

Thanks in advance,

Sumit

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014

I have used behaviour plugin to hide comment field during workflow transition and it works as expected.

Marketa Dvorackova November 7, 2014

Hi Sumit, how have you done that? I mean is there a need to write a script for it or there are some config options that I'm not seeing? Need to hide a comment field on just one particular transition screen. Thanks a lot.

gmann February 5, 2015

+2

Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2015

yes this can be easily achieved using behavior plugin on workflow transition. You can also try to use properties in workflow to disable the comment on specific transition but i like behaviour as a good option

Morgan Thunder June 8, 2016

Sumit, can you explain how exactly you do this using Behaviours? Do you need to use a custom script?

0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2014

1. As for fields - you can just remove the field from the transition screen and user will not be able to use it during transition.

2. As for comment - you can add transition property that blocks permission to comment:

jira.permission.comment.user=denied

the same for attachment, but you can just don't add attachment field on transition screen. See details on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+properties

Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2014

it doesn't work on transition screen.

I tried adding the properties like jira.permission.comment.user=denied

Jira 6.1.7

Thanks

Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2014

Still have a question about how to work with system attachment field using Behaviour Plugin ?

Like vovkakibe likes this

Suggest an answer