Can we hide assign button on issue screen

Shiva Prasad April 10, 2015

I would like to hide assign option is it possible we are  using "cloud instance"

say for example below :

I added assignee feild in "send to dev" button

crop.png

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2015

Hi Shiva,

That button is part of an add-on, and we can disable the module responsable for that for you, but you need to be aware this will affect all the projects in your instance. Please raise an issue with us at https://support.atlassian.com if you want to proceed with that.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

1 vote
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2015

As per the informational banner in the KB: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+remove+the+'Assign'+button+from+issues 

Also, please be aware that customisations done by directly modifying files are not included in the upgrade process. These modifications will need to be reapplied manually on the upgraded instance.

Therefore its generally not advised to make modifications as they will most likely be reverted on subsequent updates. 

1 vote
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
April 10, 2015

Hi Shiva,

If you want it removed for all users, then I believe the only solution on a Cloud instance is disabling View ops bar assign link.

• Login as JIRA Administrator
  • Go to Administration > Plugins > System Plugins
  • Click 'Manage Plugin Modules'
  • You can see 'View ops bar assign link' plugin module. Disable it.

If you are using JIRA Server, you can try the solution described on How to remove the 'Assign' button from issues.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Lorraine Gorman April 4, 2016

Hi @Paula Silveira,

We need to do this as well and have the Cloud version.  I worked with my administrator to try to Disable "View ops bar assign link" and it's not allowed (even as an administrator).  This "Assign" button causes problems for us/ confuses our users.  Is there another way to remove it or disable it?  

Thomas Fozzi December 20, 2017

Hi,
the button removal via editing the XML file as described in How to remove the 'Assign' button from issues worked perfectly for me.
It basically disables partially the plugin.

I was wondering if there is any way to apply this modification only to certain projects.

More generally, if I have several projects, and some of them are configured to manage the Assign as transition, while others use the Assign as operation (the plugin button), is there any way to manage this scenario?

Thanks

0 votes
kahn chang March 7, 2019

1 hide “Assign” button by “Hide system or plugin UI element” of scriptrunner in some project.

2 delete the “Assignee” from the Edit Screen …… it is will be hide option “click to edit” near of assignee.

I cannot hide the "Assign to me" button,But that's what I expected …… Only the target assignee can assign himself.

Suggest an answer