Can we have the Text Gadget enabled

Desmond Kearns February 10, 2013

Hi We'd like to use the Text gadget on a number of our projects but I'm struggling to enable it, is this something you have to do for us?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Miranda Rawson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2013

Hi Desmond,

This gadget is currently disabled in OnDemand instances due to the potential security risk. Sometimes it can contain arbitrary HTML which can make your system susceptible to XSS attacks.

There is currently a request to allow this gadget again, which you can see here. I encourage you to vote and comment on this to improve it's visibility and to also watch it so that you will get updates if the developers decide to implement this gadget once again.

Cheers,

Miranda

Desmond Kearns February 11, 2013

Hi Miranda,

Thanks for the prompt response, though I'm not able to find JRA-29848 when I search for it.

Can you have a look for me?

Ta

Miranda Rawson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2013

Hi Desmond,

The link I supplied should bring you right to it. You will need to sign up for jira.atlassian.com if you haven't already.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Cheers,

Miranda

Hi Miranda, I get a Permission Violation message when I click on the link. If I log into jira.atlassian.com and try and search for JRA-29848, it doesn't appear.

Cheers

Des

0 votes
Miranda Rawson
Atlassian Team
February 17, 2013

Hi Des,

Ah, sorry but there is a restriction on this ticket that I should have seen to begin with. What I can do is add the support ticket you originally escalated internally to the issue to raise awareness.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers,

Miranda

0 votes
Miranda Rawson
Atlassian Team
February 11, 2013

Hi Desmond,

The link I supplied should bring you right to it. You will need to sign up for jira.atlassian.com if you haven't already.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Cheers,

Miranda

0 votes

Hi Miranda,

Thanks for the prompt response, though I'm not able to find JRA-29848 when I search for it.

Can you have a look for me?

Ta

Suggest an answer