Can we get over the product name change now please

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2013

When are the banners on just about every Atl site about JIRA Agile going to be removed? At least add a cookie so I can dismiss them.

JIRA Agile is a bad bad choice... in English you have to insert a pause between the two words so they don't run together, which makes me sound like a retard. It might be okay in Australian if you say "jeer-uh edgile" but in British English it sounds rubbish.

My choice would have been JIRA Boards or JIRA Cards. OK not great but at least you can say them.

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

I have added a hide button to hide the banner on SAC (the only system where I can). I highly recommend you do NOT use adblock to block our banners. While this may seem like a good way to save 20 pixels of space, it may result in you blocking a new important message we put up.

Also, I know that it seems like the banners have been up for a while, but the majority of our customers do not use our web properties nearly as often as a power user like yourself. We plan to keep these banners active for an extended period of time to ensure that infrequent visitors still get the important information they need.

Cheers,
Boris

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2013

Um, if you don't want people to use adblock, then don't give us cause to. This is the first time I've wanted to use it on an Atlassian site.

I understand the reason for the banners, but 20 pixels on what is already a fussy screen is still a lot, especially on mobile devices.

The option to dimiss them once logged in and read is the right solution, and thank you for that.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2013

Agree with Nic... also question whether a marketing/branding play really qualifies as important information.

2 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2013

Hello Agile!!! Now GTFO.

Thank you thank you thank you for adding the cookie.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2013

Ah, good.

<fiddles with ad-bock, gets new message, dismisses it>

Thanks to whoever fixed it :-)

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2013

Must admit I ad-blocked the banner. Which is a bit of a pain because I will probably completely forget to unblock it and miss an announcement. They're fine for anonymous access, but, as Jamie says, please let the regulars mark them as read.

A while ago, a load of people who don't understand computers, privacy or security inflicted a "site must warn you about cookies" law on the EU, and 99.99% of the sites subject to it have implemented a really simple "Warn, then let user close and never see it again" notification. So it's not difficult...

Suggest an answer