Can we export worklog from Jira ?

PE MLT September 25, 2016

Hi,

I would like to know if we can export worklogs from Jira. Like Time spent on issues per user and per issue during a month for example.

Thank you. 

1 answer

1 vote
Nicolas Werle _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2016

Hey,
we released an add-on "xPort - Custom Worklog Export for JIRA" on the Atlassian Marketplace including the following functions:

• Create individual templates using your own corporate identity with optional project information, formats and your own images
  • Export worklogs & JIRA project information instantly
  • Generate automated performance records for your employees
  • Send reports automatically via email (in predefined time frames)

Please click here for more information: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.decadis.jira.xport/server/overview or contact us directly via email to atlassian-marketplace(at)decadis(dot)de

With best regards

Nicolas Werle
(Decadis AG)

John Galvin November 12, 2016

Hi Nicolas,

I'm interested in the ability to export worklogs from JIRA, but I really want to import these into QuickBooks. I suspect I can write the VB utility to convert these into an IIF file which is required to import into QuickBooks, but I need to ensure that during subsequent exports that worklogs are not exported twice & that they are no missed worklogs.

To help explain this lets assume my consultants add a number of worklogs over a number of tasks during the month. I then export these for importing into QuickBooks for generating the monthly invoices.

I then find some worklogs have not been entered. But without knowing exactly which worklogs these are, how would I ensure next month these are included & that the previous months exported worklogs are not exported again?

So, is there a way to mark a field in each worklog to indicate it has been exported which I can then filter out during subsequent exports?

John

Nicolas Werle _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2016

Hey John, 

there is no worklog mark function in JIRA. Please try to export the worklog ID in your export. With the help of it you can check, whether a worklog  already exists or not. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly via email to
atlassian-marketplace(at)decadis(dot)de   

With best regards
Nicolas 

Suggest an answer