Can we disable View child issues in search?

Pau Rotger March 14, 2022

This week we saw that Epics that have more than 100 issues JIRA automatically disables the view (please see image below). Although I understand the usage of hierarchies and their importance this is a quite frustrating change.

For our specific project, we need to have more issues per epic and we would like to keep it like this. Is there any way to disable this feature? I cannot seem to find one.

Thanks for your help

image_2022-03-14_122925.png

2 answers

1 vote
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 17, 2022

Hi @Pau Rotger

unfortunately I'm not aware of any configuration - sorry!

What you could do is to have a look at the Atlassian Marketplace and see if there are apps that would provide the same or similar features. I haven't tried it myself, but Issue Matrix for Jira could be a good choice. From what I see, it extends the issue view, very similar to Jira's native "Issues in this epic" list. There is also a number of apps that show parent/child relationships in lists of issues. E.g., this is how it looks in JXL for Jira (the app that my team is working on):

hierarchy.gif

I understand that is isn't quite the "Issues in this epic" feature, but depending on your exact use case, it could also be useful.

Hope this helps,

Hannes

Pau Rotger March 18, 2022

Thanks Hannes for your detailed answer. Although this might work, the feature gets far too expensive since we have a great number of users. We need to find a way to disable this function.

Like Cassie Utt likes this
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 18, 2022

Hi @Pau Rotger

understood! You may want to try your luck and reach out to Atlassian support, maybe it can be enabled on a per-site basis (but I would be surprised if it was).

Regarding JXL - you probably know that you can trial any app for free for 1 month, so you could give it a try and see how it would work for you. If it does solve your requirements, you can always get in touch at hello @ fine dot software and we can spar on the licensing model.

Best,

Hannes

Hello @Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira Thanks! 

I did indeed contacted them, waiting for an answer. In the meantime we will keep researching a feasible solution. 

Thanks for your kind offer as well!

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
March 17, 2022

Hi @Pau Rotger 

If you would be interested in a marketplace app to get the Epic hierarchy on your issue screen, you can try out our add-on

Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status 

Key features :

• Progress % on "remaining estimate" or "original estimates"
  • Edit Issue summary, time estimates, story points and assignee on the tree with real time updates in the progress
  • Rolled up percentage completion at all levels

Epic Hierarchy_Issue Screen_Cloud_Latest.PNG

Thanks Rahul for your answer and suggesting another app. As I mentioned to Hannes, although this might work, the feature gets far too expensive since we have a great number of users. We need to find a way to disable this function.

Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
March 18, 2022

Hi @Pau Rotger 

Thanks for your reply. If in future, you need the app to view your hierarchies, we can certainly work on the pricing, to meet your budget.

Thanks

Rahul

support@rvsoftwares.in

Like Cassie Utt likes this

Suggest an answer