Can we directly import XML backup of JIRA version 7.0.10 to JIRA version 7.3.6

Dnyaneshwar Ramesh Borase August 14, 2017

Hello Team,

We are upgradeing JIRA 7.0.10 to JIRA 7.3.6.

So, Can we directly import XML backup of JIRA version 7.0.10 to JIRA version 7.3.6??If no then why??

Please let us know the answer of above query.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

Yes, you can directly import XML backup of 7.0.10 to JIRA 7.3.6 .

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/restoring-data-from-an-xml-backup-802592998.html#Restoringdatafromanxmlbackup-restorexmldata

Please keep in mind you need to have same custom fields configured and plugins installed. otherwise you would run into migration issues or data in consistency issues. Also, first try it on the test server.

Is this applicable for JIRA server??

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

Yes, full restore you can do but not project restore between different versions of JIRA.

Thanks!

I will check & let you know ASAP.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2017

You don't need to worry about fields if you're doing an import (but you should install all the add-ons before import)  The import is effectively an upgrade, which will take all the configuration from the 7.0 system into the 7.3, wiping out what was in the 7.3 install before.

I'd question why you're doing this, when the recommended (faster and safer) way to upgrade is to run the installer and tell it to upgrade a copy.

Dnyaneshwar Ramesh Borase January 16, 2018

Hello Nic,

I can do the full restore from JIRA v7.0.10 to v7.3.6.but unable to do the single project import.

Got error regarding custom field require.Please find attached screenshot for your reference.Single Project Import Error.jpg

Please guide me how to minimize this error.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer