• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Can we customize the error message (aui-message error) which comes up when a field deemed required in field configuration is left empty?

Can we customize the error message (aui-message error) which comes up when a field deemed required in field configuration is left empty?

The error message which pops up when a mandatory field (made required at field configuration) is of the following syntax: customfield_10000: [CustomFieldName] is required

It does not make sense to show the customfield id to the end users, which can get confusing at times. Is there any way the message can be changed to show just the customfield name.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

as per my knowldge, if you make field mandatory on field configuration then error message will display below the field something like "Description is required."

as you said, error message getting popups i don't think it is jira function, it should be customised one check any JavaScript are added

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

51 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you