Can we create subfolders inside folders and then create dashboards for those subfolders?

Hiten Rajpal August 3, 2021

I have a hierarchical structure like below:

SIT(Cycle)

a)progression (Folder)

b)Regression(Folder)

b.1) Migrated data(Sub-Folder)

b.2 New data(Sub-Folder)

I want to create a dashboard that shows the execution progress for folders and subfolders under SIT

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

Hello, @Hiten Rajpal. Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, there is no concept of "folders" in Jira. One can create new, custom issue types, and conceptually speaking, nest those under one another with issue links (parent/child relationships) but I don't think you will be able to visualize those as you depict above.

Enter Atlassian Marketplace.  As you may know, the Atlassian Marketplace is full of 3rd-party applications that extend Jira (and/or Confluence) in all kinds of ways.

Personally, I am familiar with one such app (because I work for the company that makes it) — Structure for Jira — that adds the ability to nest Jira issues under Folders visually, as you describe. Structure also includes a Memo feature that some users use instead of Folders, or in combination with Folders.

There may be — very likely are — other apps on the marketplace that do similar things. You can try this search, for example, or another one like it, and explore:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/addons/app/jira/top-selling?query=visual%20hierarchy

Hope this helps,

-dave [ALM Works]

Suggest an answer