Can we copy Jira boards from one project to another in same instance if yes how?

Niharika Mishra April 12, 2019

Can we copy Jira boards from one project to another in same instance if yes how?

2 answers

0 votes
Johannes Rudolf December 21, 2021

That would not be possible for Data Center?

For example if I clone an existing board with a bunch of JQL based quick filter in order to apply it to another project. I have cloned a board and applied it to another project (changed the board filter and how the filter will be shared accordingly). But the board is not connected to the different project.

I seriously would have to create this board from scratch, based on an existing project (hence also all the filters) in order to have this board linked to the project?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2019

yes. if you are on Cloud you can click the magnifying glass and at the bottom where you see advanced search select boards. find the board and at the right click the ellipses and copy. then you will need to update the filter to reflect the new project(s) etc. that will yield desired results.

Suggest an answer