Can we automate email notifications based on the value selected in a custom field by our customer within Service Desk?

David Eng June 9, 2016

Can we automate email notifications based on the value selected in a custom field by our customer within Service Desk?

1 answer

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

Yes, you can! Create a scripted field, get the value of the custom field and map the respective user value and return it. In the notification scheme, add this scripted field against the required event. Kindly let me know the procedure if needed.

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

I think he may be using JSD Cloud - don't think you can create a scripted field there.

Arun_Thundyill_Saseendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016

True. 

As per the restrictions of JIRA OnDemand, many plugins cannot be installed. Script runner is one such plugin which does not have the cloud version. However, there is a request raised to bundle script runner with the JIRA onDemand, so please go and vote for this issue and watch it to get the latest updates.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41869

To get to know the list of Add-ons that are available on JIRA onDemand via Atlassian Connect, you check this page.

Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016

@Chris Dunne [GetJirified.com] & @Arun Thundyill Saseendran Thanks for the info! But, the request issue seems to be in closed state and hence the voting provision. However, I guess I could vote with a '+1' comment.

Suggest an answer