Can watch notes be added upon watching an issue?

Kyle Hine June 4, 2015

After receiving a large number of the auto generated update emails from watching issues in JIRA, it became easy to forget why I began watching certain issues.  Can an optional note be added upon watching a task, that appears on the follow up emails sent to the watchers?

Thank you for your time,
Kyle Hine

2 answers

1 vote
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2015

I think that what you really want is: My Reminders

Just install that in your Cloud JIRA and then set reminders for yourself to look at the issue again.

In My Reminders you can leave yourself little reminder messages so that you know why you set the reminder in the first place:

Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 10.34.14 am.png

Give it a try and let me know if it solves your problems. laugh

0 votes
Paulo Junior
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2015

Hi Kyle,

What is possible to be done is configure what kind of notifications the Watcher will receive under "Notification Scheme".

Go to Project > Administration > Notification  and remove "Watcher" from any unwanted notification event.

Kyle Hine June 5, 2015

Thank you for your suggestion, I apologize for any miscommunication. I watched a JIRA from a few months ago and see update emails, but can no longer remember why I watched it. I want to continue watching it. If there was a private note that could be added to the task (maybe even included in the update emails) I would then see the reason I watched the task in the update emails.

Suggest an answer