Can users still access JIRA after the account has been canceled?

We are moving to a new bug tracking system and I want to know if our existing users (customers) would still be able to access JIRA after we cancel our account?

1 answer

1 vote

Depends

If it's Cloud, then no, because the server will be shut down and deleted shortly after you cancelled.

If it's Server, then it's up to you - you can carry on running it for them if you want.

Is there a way to convert from cloud to server?

That is helpful. One question though. Would our customers who have access to JIRA now need new credentials if we migrated to server?

Yes, you'll need to add them as users on to your server and allow them permissions to do things.

Is there an easy way to import those users?

Please have a look through the doc I referred to earlier.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,323 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot