Can user with core licence log work on support issue?

Veronika Dvorska January 4, 2021

Hi,

we have Jira on server and we have for our users 3 licences (Core, Support, Software).  My question: Can user with Jira Core Licence log work on support issues? 

He is as a collaborator on project XY and he needs to log work on issue there. Now he see ( logwork.jpg).

How can I set permission on Collaborators projet role?

Or is not possible users with Core licence to logged their work on support issues?

Many thankx

Veronika

logwork.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

Hello @Veronika Dvorska 

You can't, you need to be an agent (SD license required) to "work on issues".

Collaborators can only browse and comment internally.

BR, Olga

Thank you @Olga Videc  for your quick answer. So you say there is no chance to swap that user to different project role, e.i. Service Desk Team to have ability logged his work on issue? 

I know it is possible when user (with core licence) is as a collaborator and works on sw project. He can logged his work there. 

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

I'm afraid you can't.

You can add a user to the role that has "log work" permission but without a Service Desk license, he won't be able to log work.

You can solve this problem by creating a project/projects that are NOT service desk, and create a linked issue there, so people can log work there.

You can label those "internal" issues if you want to filter them later.

BR, Olga

Yes, it could be a workaround.  Well, I was hoping for a better answer :)

Suggest an answer