Can user which are assign to a project see only specific Releases

Helena April 16, 2014

Hi all,

My question is, if it is possible to have users or usergroups being assigned to a project, but with different visibility rights. So not all users can see different project releases or subprojects.

For example:

Projekt: Test

Release/Subproject: Test_1 visible by users a,b,c
Test_2 visible by users a,c,d
Test_3….. visible by users a, x, y, z...

Thank you,

Helena

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2014

No.

There's some trickery you might be able to use, but it deoends on how you're defining these areas.

Generally, a project's access is defined by it's permission scheme. It doesn't go lower than that in any way - if you've got browse/resolve/edit/create/logwork/etc permission in the project, you have it across the entire project.

There IS something called "issue security" which can then hide individual issues within a project. You could use that, but it works off a specific field (security level) which you set to a single level. Each level can have a different access group.

Depending on how you want to split the access, you could find/write a plugin or script that can read your "release" field(s) and set the security level appropriately. But it could be tricky.

Also, before running off down that route, I'd have a broader look at the permissions scheme - you CAN use things like "content of custom field X" to determine some permissions, and that might work for you. But again, it does depend on your config and what the release field does.

0 votes
Helena April 16, 2014

Ok, thank you both a lot

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

Please give some more details - what does release/subproject means in your installation ? JIRA does not support subprojects so this should be related to versions or ?

Helena April 16, 2014

Hi Boris,

yes it means that if I create 1 project and keep having "independent" versions with different names in it, each of the versions is only visible to a certain user group or users. For exmaple, if I was doing Agile that the sprints have different names and only several users are able to see some of the sprints.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

I think what Nic answered, pretty much covers this quesiton.

Suggest an answer