Can user change LDAP password throuth jira connected to crowd connected to MS Active Directory

Alex Kiselev _Itransition_ December 26, 2012

Crowd 2.5.0 connected to MS Active Directory

directory type " Microsoft Active Directory ", all permissions are ticked

user for synchronisation has administrative rights in AD

Jira 5.1.4 connected to Crowd

Crowd permissions "Read only"

If I change crowd permission to "Read/Write" - will this make possible changing AD user password throuth jira?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2012

yes if you have enabed read/write permissions for crowd in JIRA and in turn enable all the permissions in the ldap directoy i crowd then changes effected through JIRA will go all the way to LDAP as well

David Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2012

I want to note that AD does require a secured connection for password changes, so you'll likely have to setup SSL for this to work, more info:

Alex Kiselev _Itransition_ December 26, 2012

does this relate for jira-crowd-ldap scheme too?

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2012

Hi Alex,

Another pointer, please ensure that the LDAP user used by Crowd to bind the LDAP server has the necessary permission to write into your LDAP server.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer