Can the submitter of a service desk issue edit/update it via the ServiceDesk portal?

Fred Gruhn July 13, 2017

We're configuring our ServiceDesk instance to track internal IT work items (changes, releases, etc.). The majority of these chagnes are being submitted via the ServiceDesk portal. 

I would like to grant the ability for the Reporter to be able to edit a previously submitted issue. Example, a release request item is submitted with the incorrect date/time. I would like the Reporter (submitter) to be able to make the correction. 

I've searched the documentation and have not found if this is even possible. A screenshot from my test enviornment is below. image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2017

Hi Fred,

No, unfortunately that is not possible out of the box. Given your screenshot, there's two ways to work around the issue:

• Your reporter can comment on the request and in that way add additional information to the request. The info will be added to the issue as a comment.
  • You have exposed a number of transitions on the portal. So your reporter has the ability to cancel the request and create a new, corrected one instead.

If those workarounds are not sufficient, you could have a look at the add-on Actions for JIRA Service Desk. The add-on allows you to add screens to a transition from the Service Desk portal. By extending your workflow with a transition from a relevant status to itself (e.g. open to open) and determining the fields the reporter is allowed to update through the add-on, you can make it work.

Suggest an answer