Can the "Epic link" and "Issues without epics" features be turned off?

Ryan Johnson November 20, 2020

Can the "Epic link" and "Issues without epics" features be turned off or restricted to only admin? I am using Jira v8.10.0. The "Epic link" is not showing, neither is the "Issues without epics." The only way I can unassign an issue to an epic is to open the issue in full edit mode (it's own modal). Pain point.

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

@Ryan Johnson - Interesting. Why turn off these features? What is your team trying to solve for?

Is your team or organization not interested in grouping work under epics, or working in an Agile style at all?

Ryan Johnson October 21, 2022

I was wondering if there was an ON and OFF feature because the Epics I create are not being displayed on the left hand side in the Epics' drawer when I create them. It's strange, when I create an epic, it does not show up in the Epic drawer, but I can search and assign the epics when I edit a story. I can also see the epic tags on the stories after I assign them, but the drawer is completely blank.

Jira-epic-blank-drawer.jpg

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2022

Hi @Ryan Johnson ! Happy 2022 👋

Can you check the filter associated with that board?

Can you load the filter in Issue Navigator? In the results, do the epics you're looking for appear?

Does that board's filter pull in one project, or multiple projects?

Ryan Johnson October 22, 2022

What is the "Issue Navigator?"  Is that the button labeled "Issues" in the left hand navigation bar? To answer your question about one or multiple projects, there are a lot of boards with this project, and there are  multiple sprints on one page. 

issues.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 23, 2022

@Ryan Johnson 

The Issue Navigator is the screen you use when you want to search for issues. You get to it through one of the menu options in the menu bar. I'm not sure what that option is labeled in Jira Server. It might be "Filters" or it might be "Issues". Then the option below that might be "Advanced Issue Search".

You might also get some helpful information out of the answer I posted on your other Question here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Epic-drawer-is-blank/qaq-p/2170581

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer