Can the number of fields on the Create Issue screen be reduced for some users/groups?

Steve Swett October 16, 2015

For a subset of users, is it possible to show only a subset of the fields on the Create Issue screen?  For our normal users who report issues, we'd like to reduce the clutter, but for devs and admins, we'd like to give them the normal/full set of files when creating an issue.  Is that possible?  Any general tips on what to do to accomplish that?  Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2015

I would second Gabrielle's suggestion of just making a separate Issue Type or Project. You can then associate a minimized Field Configuration or different Screen altogether. These are the built-in methods of showing users different sets of fields. 

If you are on On-Premise JIRA I know there is the "Field Security" add-on but I don't think there is anything in JIRA Cloud of this variety.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2015

You can also just give "Issue Collectors" to your regular users.

Why do you want to restrict some of it? How about just using a different Issue Type for Customers and different Issue Type for internal users?

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2015

An easy solution would be to use tabs on the create screen with the normal user fields on the first tab and the other on the second. In my experience most people won't look at the second tab. JIRA doesn't allow field level control by user and since you're in the cloud I don't believe you can use scripting to control it.

Suggest an answer