Can the customer portal be customized per customer?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring the customer portal

We need a way to make our customer portal unique for each company in our customer list. 

We group the customer users by the company they are with. We need their portal to have different information based on what company they are with. 

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hey Mark,

Are you already creating different Service Desks for each customer group?

At this stage, this would be the only way to  customise (slightly: logo, name, URL and description) what they see, and then use each Portals' permissions to restrict them to just the correct customers.

Obviously, if your Portal is open to all, then there is no way to customise the portal since you cannot manage which customer belongs to which group.

I hope this helps.

EDIT - I should have been clearer on the fact that this is the case for the Cloud version AFAIK. I have not used the Hosted version.

We have 1 service desk project for all support. 

If you are using the Cloud version, like I do, there is no way to customise the portal based on who the user is.

As suggested, and provided it is possible and manageable for your case, you could create separate Service Desk projects for each customer group. This will allow you to provide separate customer portals and customise them a little.

i suggest you start with creating a new SD project, and making it invisible to your other users by using the setting "Only for users in my customer list" in the Portal security.

This will give you something to test with so you can see how it works and if it is useful.

One major drawback i should mention is that each customer groups would have to us separate URLs for the individual SDs.

there is no getting around this.

Hi Mark,

What exactly do you need? Do you want to change layout, colours, etc. or request types, fields, my requests lists?

Kate

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

270 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you