Can the Trial version of JIRA run add-ins?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Add-ons and plugins

Can the Trial version of JIRA run add-ins?  I am trying to setup Asset Management and cannot find how to upload an app or find any Asset Tracking Add-ons from Atlassian either.

Please Help!

Curtis.

3 answers

Yes, you can. goto JIRA Administration and then to the Add-Ons section, You can then Upload the Add-on

0 votes

Yes but you can't upload add-ons in JIRA Cloud, be it trial or commercial. JIRA Cloud only supports Connect add-ons.

0 votes

Only the licence is a trial thing, the software is functionally no different to a production instance.  (A trial system will simply stop working when the licence runs out)

I suspect you are trying to install add-ons into Cloud though.  You can't do that.  Some can be added via your account, and trialled there.  Connect add-ons will work too.  But you can't upload add-ons.

Atlassian don't really have any asset tracking add-ons.  There's rather a full featured one called Insight, from Riada but it's not available for Cloud (I don't know if they're working on a Connect version of it)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

440 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you