• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Can the Command Line Interface run without chaging the updated date on the JIRA issues? Or is there a command I can use to reset that date after other CLI operations?

Can the Command Line Interface run without chaging the updated date on the JIRA issues? Or is there a command I can use to reset that date after other CLI operations?

David Nickell August 19, 2012

I am using the CLI for several updates to issues I've loaded through the CSV importer. I don't want to change the updated date on the JIRA ticket though. Is there a way to prevent this or a way to go back and change the date?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2012

JIRA updates the changed date whenever the issues is changed via UI or remote API - there is not anything you can do to prevent that. The CLI has logic to prevent actually doing an issue update in most cases if the requested updated would not change any values. This means if you are setting a field to the same value as it currently is, then the change will be ignored preventing the updated date from changing. This makes it easier for scripts to not have to worry about it.

Regarding changing the date after the fact, there is no JIRA api way to do this. Manipulating the database directly is not recommended.

Suggest an answer