Can tasks be moved from open sprint to future sprint

Rick Fisher October 16, 2012

We often look to move tasks from the open sprint to a future sprint. It it possible to move tasks to a future sprint?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

scheduled your versions / sprints, then use the planning board to drag tasks to the sprint you want?

Rick Fisher October 20, 2012

Once the sprint has begun it seems the task cannot be removed (from the open sprint). The planning board does work to move tasks between sprints that have not begun and the backlog.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2012

I dont seem to have problem doing that with the planning board, I can drag anything from any sprint (version) to any other sprint version or backlog (no version) irrespective of issue state (unresolved/resolved) or sprint state (realased or not). Please provide more details of your problem, I wonder if permissions are involved?

Rick Fisher October 21, 2012

I am using the Scrum boards so sprints are not tied directly to versions as I understand it (we use to tie to Fix Versions). I'll look more at permissions too, but I am the project admin.

Suggest an answer