Can't view or configure a copy of Board

Andrew Ellender June 23, 2016

We've set up a default scrum Board to copy from for new projects.

I then proceeded to make a copy of that board, but I am unable to access the newly created copy, despite being fully able to use the original board that the copy was made from.

I've checked that users have the Create Shared Objects permission (although my understanding is that in this case, it doesn't matter because I'm making a copy of a board and it's using a pre-existing shared filter).

I've even tried logging in as the user with the JIRA System Administrators global permission, and even THEY can't access the board.

EDIT: Also of note is that we're building an app of sorts that uses the agile API. A call to getBoards includes the copied board in it's response, whereas directly trying to access it via getBoard($id) return a 404. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2016

I would contact Atlassian Support.  The expected behavior is to carry over the board administrators when copying the board.

Also JIRA admins, by default, should be Board administrators.  Keep in mind, Admins are not super users.  As an admin, I can only see agile boards where the Board creator has shared the filter with me.

0 votes
Andrew Ellender June 23, 2016

It's didn't get any less odd as time has passed. After giving up on the board and leaving it for a bit to see if anyone here had advice to offer, I decided to see if creating a new board manually would let me at least get on with things, which it . I was able to use that board fine (although I did have to configure it from scratch, but compared to having a board I couldn't use at all, it was still a step up). With the job complete, I then left for lunch.

Oddly, upon my return, clicking on the cloned board out of idle curiosity revealed that it board had also started working. I wouldn't have thought it was an issue that fixed itself 'just by giving it time', but equally it doesn't make much more sense that creating a new board fixed an issue with a totally unrelated board.

Thanks for your reply though. If I can replicate the problem today, I'll make a bug report.

Suggest an answer