Can't view custom field on issue view, but I can see it in list view or column editor

Alex Tinsley June 16, 2013

I for some reason cannot see the 'State' field in the default Detail View in Jira.

If I flip over to List View, or edit the columns I can see it, but those views are not my preferred view methods.

How can I get this field to show up in Detail View?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

The basic field says None, when I switched it Open manually then it appeared. What I was trying to do was to see the Status from ZenDesk when the Workflow states changed. Now my question has been answered but it raised a new problem that I'll ask in a different question.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2013

Jira doesn't specifically have a "state" field, so I assume you have added a custom-field called "state"

I also assume that by "detail view", you mean the standard view of an issue, when you go to jira/browse/ABC-123

For a field to appear on a screen, it must have data, or Jira hides it in attempt to simplify the display. Can you check to see if that is the case?

Corrrect. I neglected to mention that the field is there as part of an Application Link with ZenDesk. The field has data sent over from ZenDesk in the form of Open, Pending or Closed.

Suggest an answer