Can't use Connector for IntelliJ IDE and JIRA in browser simutaniously

Matt Wilson August 26, 2013

I'm trying to use the Connector of IntellJ IDE 3.0.11 in PhpStorm (both current stable 6.0.3 and EAP of 7). Most of the features seem to work on my Win 7. The issue is when I try to have a browser ( doesn't seem to be browser specific ) open to my OnDemand JIRA domain and try to use JIRA in PhpStorm one will will log the other one out.

The annoyance is that if I log in in a browser then go to PhpStorm then back to browser, I have to log in again ( I've confirmed this for both normal log in and Google Apps account log in ). But if I try to go back to PhpStrom and do anything in the connector that communicates with the server, I get an error ( stack trace below) and I have to *restart* the IDE inorder to continue.

As near as I can tell it should work. The connector plugin states that it is compatible with IDEA 12, which PhpStorm 6 is, and that it uses the JIRA REST API for JIRA 5.x servers. I found some docs from Atlassian saying that they had issues with only allowing a single sign on at a time with the old SOAP connector. The same doc says that the new IDE connectors resolve this.

My version of JIRA is 6.1. Is that the issue?

com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.rss.JIRAException: {my_user}:[password 17 chars]@https://{my_domain}.atlassian.net

You do not have the permission to see the specified issue.

Login Required

at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.rest.JiraRestSessionImpl.wrapWithJiraException(JiraRestSessionImpl.java:768)

at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.rest.JiraRestSessionImpl.getIssue(JiraRestSessionImpl.java:577)

at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.JiraRESTFacade2Impl.getIssue(JiraRESTFacade2Impl.java:246)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor48.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)

at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.JIRAServerFacade2Impl$1.invoke(JIRAServerFacade2Impl.java:91)

at $Proxy33.getIssue(Unknown Source)

at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.JIRAServerFacade2Impl.getIssue(JIRAServerFacade2Impl.java:228)

at com.atlassian.theplugin.commons.jira.IntelliJJiraServerFacade.getIssue(IntelliJJiraServerFacade.java:318)

at com.atlassian.theplugin.idea.jira.IssueDetailsToolWindow$IssuePanel$2.run(IssueDetailsToolWindow.java:486)

at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl$TaskRunnable.run(ProgressManagerImpl.java:495)

at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl$2.run(ProgressManagerImpl.java:185)

at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl.executeProcessUnderProgress(ProgressManagerImpl.java:226)

at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl.runProcess(ProgressManagerImpl.java:175)

at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.ProgressManagerImpl$8.run(ProgressManagerImpl.java:400)

at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl$8.run(ApplicationImpl.java:454)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl$1$1.run(ApplicationImpl.java:152)

Caused by: com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.RestClientException: You do not have the permission to see the specified issue.

Login Required

at com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.internal.jersey.AbstractJerseyRestClient.invoke(AbstractJerseyRestClient.java:68)

at com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.internal.jersey.AbstractJerseyRestClient.getAndParse(AbstractJerseyRestClient.java:80)

at com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.internal.jersey.JerseyIssueRestClient.getIssue(JerseyIssueRestClient.java:142)

at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.rest.JiraRestSessionImpl$23.call(JiraRestSessionImpl.java:579)

at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.rest.JiraRestSessionImpl$23.call(JiraRestSessionImpl.java:577)

at com.atlassian.connector.commons.jira.rest.JiraRestSessionImpl.wrapWithJiraException(JiraRestSessionImpl.java:764)

... 23 more

Caused by: com.sun.jersey.api.client.UniformInterfaceException: Client response status: 401

at com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource.handle(WebResource.java:607)

at com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource.get(WebResource.java:187)

at com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.internal.jersey.AbstractJerseyRestClient$1.call(AbstractJerseyRestClient.java:84)

at com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.internal.jersey.AbstractJerseyRestClient.invoke(AbstractJerseyRestClient.java:54)

... 28 more

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Wilson September 22, 2013

Sorry I didn't update this, but yes it worked. To reiterate the workaround from PL-2862:

Workaround:

• Disable 'Task Management' plugin
  • Unselect HTTP authentication box
0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2013

Hi Matt,

Were you able to correct the logouts problem posted here.

0 votes
Matt Wilson August 26, 2013

While writting the question the related questions didn't help, however, the related questions on the side bar after posting included this. I'm trying it now. Basically turn on the normal task management of the IDE

Suggest an answer