Can't upgrade expiring Apps!

Angie Affolter October 23, 2019

We recently renewed our subscriptions for JIRA/Confluence and associated apps.  A few of the apps would not let us apply the new license key until we upgraded the app to Data Center License.  However, when we click on the Upgrade to Data Center button it won't do anything.  And if we apply the license key first, it turns the app to expired.  

HELP!  We expire in a week!

P.S> Just realized it's throwing an error.

An unexpected error occurred. Refer to the logs for more information.

What logs??

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2019

Hi @Angie Affolter ,

I can see you have a support request already open with Atlassian Support for this issue.

May I ask you to spare some time and copy the solution in here once done, so that it could be useful to other users facing the same issue? 

Cheers,
Dario

Angie Affolter November 11, 2019

Sorry for the delay!  The issue was that server licenses were issued for our apps instead of data center licenses.  Since we use a reseller we are having to wait for refunds then re-quotes.  

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2019

Thanks for sharing the solution! :) 

0 votes
Scott Dudley _Cenote_ December 17, 2019

empty

Dario B
Atlassian Team
December 18, 2019

I have replied your previous answer

0 votes
Scott Dudley _Cenote_ December 17, 2019

A customer of ours reported this issue too. It seems no longer possible for non-Atlassian to file bugs in the UPM project on ecosystem.atlassian.net, so I am pasting the information here for reference.

Using UPM 3.0.6 on Confluence Data Center 6.13.7, if a customer has an app/plugin license for a Server version instead of DC, the UPM will display an "Upgrade to Data Center" button next to the app.

Clicking this button results in the following flag appearing at the top of the page and no action being taken:

An unexpected error occurred. Refer to the logs for more information.

The Confluence logs are empty, but looking through the HTTP requests, I see that UPM is making a request to the following URL:

http://localhost:8100/rest/plugins/1.0/PLUGINKEY/license/crossgrade

The UPM response is HTTP 400 error, along with the JSON payload:

{ subCode: "upm.plugin.license.error.crossgrade" }

I don't know the cause of this, but manually updating the plugin license to a DC-compatible one works. I am unclear as to what the "Upgrade to Data Center" button is supposed to do.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
December 18, 2019

Hi @Scott Dudley _Cenote_ ,

Please notice that by adding a reply to a thread already marked as solved is not so useful since there are very little chances to get a reply :) 

Once this has been said, you should still be able to create tickets in Atlassian Ecosystem, just now you have to use the customers' portal (or service desk), as mentioned in: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Welcome to the Atlassian Ecosystem.

Therefore, in order to submit a bug with the apps (or add-on), you may want to use one of the below links (depending on your needs):

Please test above links and let me know if this helps.

Scott Dudley _Cenote_ December 18, 2019

Hi @Dario ,

I clicked the links you mentioned above, but this is not a Marketplace Vendor problem, and the Ecosystem developer portal claims it's supposed to be used only for critical bugs. Where do I file a non-critical bug in UPM?

Scott

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2019

Thanks for providing more details @Scott Dudley _Cenote_ .

I have created a UPM ticket for this:

Please let me know if you can access it and, in case you can, add yourself as watcher to be updated in case of any progress.

Also, we are discussing the possibility to make the UPM project public again (for submitting issues). However, for the time being, in case of any issue with UPM, create an issue with standard support using below link:

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Dario B
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2019

Also, to provide more context, the issue reported here has been introduced by:

Scott Dudley _Cenote_ December 19, 2019

Thanks for creating the issue @Dario B .  It appears to be a private issue though. Is it possible to make it public?

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
December 20, 2019

@Scott Dudley _Cenote_ I have assigned the ticket to you. You should now be able to access it and add comments. 

Have a nice weekend.

Dario

Like Scott Dudley _Cenote_ likes this

Suggest an answer