Can't set phone number and other fields when editing a User

mathew best June 3, 2014

We've been using Confluence OnDemand for a year or so, and have been adding phone numbers and other details into the Users. These details then show up in the User Profile Macro.

Now that we have started a Jira trial, we no longer have the ability to set the fields. How can we get it back without stopping the Jira trial?

1 answer

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

Hi Mathew,

Are Confluence users coming from Jira correct?

If so, could you try editting the user information directrly on Jira?

Cheers!

mathew best June 3, 2014

Ah, Im not really sure I know how to answer your question!

The users existed before Jira was being trialed. - does that mean they are not coming from Jira?

If I go to User management in Jira, and then click on my user account. I see a button to click called "Edit". When I click that button the only options I get are to change my email address and name. No sign of telephne number etc.

Does that help?

mathew best June 8, 2014

According to this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Users#ManagingUsers-viewingusers

I should go to the cog icon-> User Management -> Select User -> Actions -> Edit Details.

My problem is that I don’t have the “Actions” item to click. Once I click on a user name, all I have is an “Edit” button that allows me to change email and name only.

When we were running Confluence only. This wasn’t a problem. What am I missing?

Suggest an answer