Can't set Sprint value for created task with Automation for JIRA (dont see sprint from my own board)

Степан_Сычёв January 13, 2020

I want to set sprint value for created task. But I don't see my board in drop down list

image.png

My board configuration (shared with the public):

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hello @Степан_Сычёв

Can you confirm that the sprint you are looking for exists and is either backlogged or active in your FireTeam project?

Hello, @Fernando Bordallo 

Yes, of course. Spint has been started (active):

image.png

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Interesting. Are you on Jira cloud? I haven't seen that version of the collapsed navigation for over a year.

On a different note, are you able of editing the issue in the full view page of the issue itself and see the sprint there or does the issue occur on both the creation modal and on the issue view page?

Jira-server.

And yes. I can select the sprint value for issue in project 365.1 (this issue was automatically created by automation):

image.png

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020

So to clarify, you can assign the issue to the active sprint on the 356.1 project but you can't do so through a particular process?

Yes )

I can't select the sprint in automation rule (Automation for JIRA). I don't see my board (FireTeam) in dropdown list

Степан_Сычёв January 14, 2020

@Fernando Bordallo what should I do to select a sprint?

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
January 14, 2020

Hello @Степан_Сычёв

This seems to be an issue internal the automation for Jira extension. Given you can set the sprints on the issue edit screens themselves, I've shared this thread with members of the Automation team. Hopefully they can help add any missing context needed to understand why the Sprints for your board don't appear in the Automation for Jira tool.

Thank you!

We are waiting.. :)

Mark Chaimungkalanont
Atlassian Team
January 14, 2020

Hey there,

That drop down will search for your board if you have too many boards. If you type the name of your board, it should search for it and appear.

There was a bug a while ago where we'd just show the first 50 boards. What version of Automation for Jira are you on? You might need to upgrade if you're on an old version of the add-on.

Cheers,

Mark C

Oh, yes! It's really works! Mark, thank you )

We use 7.1.1 Automation for Jira

Jess H. April 14, 2020

Hi all, we're having the same problem over here, except we don't see any sprint options at all. When trying to create or clone a ticket into the same project, or a new project, no sprint options appear. Please advise.

Screenshot (82).png

2 votes
Anita Kalmane August 17, 2020

@Fernando Bordallo , @Mark Chaimungkalanont , I have the same problem - I can't specify to which of the future sprints the story will go to, it only lets me choose the active or the next sprint.

Could you please advise on the solution?

I'm on Jira Server.

Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 11.56.42.png

Chris Willard October 14, 2020

I'm on Jira Cloud and having the same problem as Anita

Owen Scott February 4, 2022

Same problem as Chris and Anita. Jira Cloud.

Suggest an answer