Can't set Fix Version

Trine Ahlburg October 9, 2017

HI

When I create a new issue I can choose a Fix version from the scrolldown menu, but if I for some reason don't set the field when created I cannot edit it again.

If I do set a value when I create the issue, the Fix Version field is editable.

What am I missing here?

Trine Ahlburg

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2017

Check the permission scheme , you need to have resolve issue permission in order to set Fix versions

Trine Ahlburg October 10, 2017

HI Mizan

The resolved issue permission is set to "application access (any logged in user)".

Trine

Like # people like this
Information Technology October 30, 2018

This solution worked for me, thanks Mizan.

Marisa Hager April 3, 2019

Thank you so much! I had been troubleshooting this for way too long and this fixed my problem immediately.  For some reason the administrators who came before me removed the resolve issue permission from the group of "project owners".  I never would have thought to look at the resolve issue permission - you saved me so much time and trouble, thank you!

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2019

You're welcome . Good to hear that my answer helped.

Mitali Seal March 19, 2020

I have The resolved issue permission is set to "application access (any logged in user)".

Yes, the field is there on the Create and Edit screens, but it's not editable. 

NONE in bold is written next to the field.

This screen is used by multiple projects - it works for all projects except one.

Please help!!

Mitali Seal March 19, 2020

Thanks for all the pointers, they were very helpful - I resolved my issue.

neeta jain October 19, 2020

Hi Mitali,

How do you resolve above issue?

As same thing is happened to me as well, can you please tell me how it works for you?

Regards,

Neeta Jain

0 votes
Saskia Zeedijk May 27, 2021

You need to check 3 things:

1. Does the user have Resolve issue permissions

2. Has the Fix Version/s field been added to the Edit screen

3. Make sure a Version has been created from the Project settings.

When all 3 are there, the field should show up and be editable, too.

Barbara Maren Winkler-Wolff September 2, 2021

In my case, all 3 conditions are definitely met, and I still can't edit Fix versions.

* The project has releases. Plenty.

* The Fix version field is on the Edit screen.

* I have permissions to resolve issues. I am project admin.

Worse, this is intermittent. It did not work in May when it was important. It worked intermittently in August. Now again it's not working.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2017

Is the fix version field on the edit screen for the issue?  Click edit and check that it is there (and use the "where's my field" option in the "configure fields menu to find out why it is missing)

Trine Ahlburg October 9, 2017

Hi Nic

Yes, the field is there, but it's not editable. 

NONE in bold is written next to the field.

Trine

Suggest an answer