Can't seem to comment on subtasks

Tin Nguyen April 18, 2016

Hello,

I am unable to create comments on JIRA subtasks. I have searched around but most subtask documentation seems to involve other third party integrations which have nothing to do with my questions. I cant see at this time as the JIRA Admin to put a comment on a subtask and am unsure where to configure this otherwise if possible.

4 answers

0 votes
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

JIRA Administrators can configure additional permissions at the workflow level. For instance, the default JIRA workflow has issues that are Closed uneditable. In a similar fashion, one could deny Comment permissions. 

If the Permission Helper says you have permissions, you'd need to check out the base configurations and find the culprit. 

0 votes
Tin Nguyen April 18, 2016

permission helper says i haver permissions to do it but I do not see a comment box in the subtask ticket. I have checked and all jira-users group should have permission to do so we just dont see the comment button available.

-regards,

Tin

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2016

Unless you have a plugin or other modification, subtasks use the same permissions as regular tasks. Can you comment on regular tasks? If not, you'll need to be granted permission to add comments. If so contact your JIRA admin.

0 votes
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

What does the Permission Helper say?

Suggest an answer