Can't see the values in the JDVP custom field when using AJAX-style input field

I was able to install and configure the Jira Database Values Plugin without significant issues. I set up the properties file to use a dropdown style input field, and was able to see all my database results as expected. However, if I switch to the AJAX style input field, no results are shown... it just appears to be a text input field.

For testing, I turned on debugging and opened a ticket. Here's what appeared in the log:

2013-06-03 08:05:11,992 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [plugin.databasevalues.config.DatabaseValuesCFParameters] Setting jql queries: {}
2013-06-03 08:05:12,039 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [plugin.databasevalues.config.DatabaseValuesCFParameters] Got 0 substitutions in map
2013-06-03 08:05:12,039 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [plugin.databasevalues.config.DatabaseValuesCFParameters] sql query after substitutions: select PartNum, CAST(PartDescription as varchar(255)) from Part where Company = 'ABC'
2013-06-03 08:05:12,039 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [plugin.databasevalues.config.DatabaseValuesCFParameters] Got 0 substitutions in map
2013-06-03 08:05:12,039 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [plugin.databasevalues.config.DatabaseValuesCFParameters] sql query after substitutions: select PartNum, CAST(PartDescription as varchar(255)) from Part where Company = 'ABC'
2013-06-03 08:05:12,039 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [jira.plugin.databasevalues.DatabaseRowCache] No project cache for InternalDefaultProjectKey
2013-06-03 08:05:12,039 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [plugin.databasevalues.config.DatabaseValuesCFParameters] Got 0 substitutions in map
2013-06-03 08:05:12,039 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [plugin.databasevalues.config.DatabaseValuesCFParameters] sql query after substitutions: select PartNum, CAST(PartDescription as varchar(255)) from Part where Company = 'ABC'
2013-06-03 08:05:12,149 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [jira.plugin.databasevalues.DatabaseRowCache] SQL query: select PartNum, CAST(PartDescription as varchar(255)) from Part where Company = 'ABC'
2013-06-03 08:05:12,695 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [jira.plugin.databasevalues.DatabaseRowCache] Query returned 67843 rows
2013-06-03 08:05:12,695 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [jira.plugin.databasevalues.DatabaseRowCache] Showing first 5 records for debugging:
2013-06-03 08:05:12,695 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [jira.plugin.databasevalues.DatabaseRowCache] DatabaseRow[nr=0, values={0=0000477026401, 1=PCB 96}]
2013-06-03 08:05:12,695 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [jira.plugin.databasevalues.DatabaseRowCache] DatabaseRow[nr=1, values={0=0000688364000, 1=SSCRN: RETRO-FIT COMPUTER,REAR PANEL}]
2013-06-03 08:05:12,695 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [jira.plugin.databasevalues.DatabaseRowCache] DatabaseRow[nr=2, values={0=0000879504000, 1=UTIL DIAG: SINGLE CHAMBER}]
2013-06-03 08:05:12,695 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [jira.plugin.databasevalues.DatabaseRowCache] DatabaseRow[nr=3, values={0=030-070, 1=Keyboard holder}]
2013-06-03 08:05:12,695 http-bio-8080-exec-7 DEBUG ...<snip>... /secure/QuickCreateIssue!default.jspa [jira.plugin.databasevalues.DatabaseRowCache] DatabaseRow[nr=4, values={0=030-091, 1=Adaptor}]

4 answers

1 accepted

Just to close the question... Since I never got an answer, I ended up uninstalling and going with the Kepler plugin.

For what it's worth, I think I'm experiencing the same thing, but it started happening when I updated to Jira 6 and the latest version of the plugin. Ajax style shows me the search icon, but I never see any data. I enabled logging of the plugin and it shows the data coming back from the database in the "Returning JSON" section, so I know it is filtering and pulling back the data. I tried it in chrome, IE and firefox thinking it may be a browser issue, but same result. Then I switched to the combobox edit.type and it works fine.

Thanks for responding. In the end, I just gave up and went with the Kepler plugin. It worked out of the box.

Is there any ather way to solve this issue using JDVP? Kepler plugin unfortunately has very poor configuration parameters. And ... it is really different from JDVP.

This issue was fixed in JDVP version 3.1

Suggest an answer

Log in or Join to answer
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,239 views 14 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot