Can't see the issues of Project after import into the same jira version 5.0.2

Andrew November 20, 2013

A department use Jira 5.0.2,the database version is mysql 5.5.23,the database instance name is jiradb ,the administrator account of A Jira is Jiraadmin

B department also use Jira 5.0.2,the database version is mysql 5.5.23, the database instance name is jiradb ,the administrator account of B Jira is Jiraadmin2

I import one project of A named BASICAPI into the B instance, it successful.

After import ,Now I open B department Jia, I use the administrator account logon.

I click the button "Administration" on the Dashboard. I can see the BASICAPI Project in Projects.

Then I click the button "Exit Administration" on the Dashboard.

I click the button "View All Projects" on the Dashboard. I can't see the BASICAPI Project in Projects.

Now I click the button "Administration" on the Dashboard again.

I click "BasicAPI Project" button which is below the "Projects" button.

In the BasicAPI Project Dashboard,I click "Browse Project" button which below the "Actions" Button.

Then the page show:

Permission Violation
It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform.

If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators.

Then I click the link of the "JIRA administrators" :

Error
Your JIRA administrator has not yet configured this contact form.

How could I solve this problem? I want to see the issues content of BasicAPI Project in B Jira.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

An Administrator doesn't necessarily have Browse permission in the project. Make sure you grant yourself that permission by modifying the permission scheme.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

You need "Browse project" permission.

Suggest an answer