Can't see software product templates on self-host Jira 7.3.0

Jordan Grigg January 24, 2017

Hi, currently evaluating Jira, and have installed the self-host option on a mac and a windows box.

The mac installation gives the option to create 'software' (scum, kanban) or 'business' projects (project, process management), however the Windows installation only shows the 'business' project templates.

I'm guessing I've done something slightly different when installing on the Windows box, but I'm at a loss to know what.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but the issue persists.

A search on here flagged up the possibility of a license issue. In the windows installation I can see the following in Admininstration>Applications:

JIRA Software 7.30
License key - (the license key) 

JIRA Core 7.30
License key - (same key as above) 

Both are evaluation license types

The mac version (that works fine) looks the same (albeit with a different license key).

Any help greatly appreciated; this is my first time using the software, so I expect I've done something wrong somewhere along the way!

Thanks,

Jordan

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2017

Usually means JIRA Software is not functioning, or possibly you have no access to it.  I'd rule those out first - log in as the admin and check that you have access to Software.  There's a quick and dirty check - click boards and see if you have the option to create a Scrum or Kanban board - if you do, that's proved the Application is working and you've got access. 

Suggest an answer