Can't see newly added service desk customers

Natalie Moore August 28, 2019

I have a problem where I added some service desk customers to an organisation, and they can access the portal and add issues, but I can not see them within my service desk.

I can see them in Service Desk settings > People, where they are assigned 'service desk customer - portal access'

I can not see them in Service Desk > Customers  (https://####.atlassian.net/projects/JMS/customers)

I can not see them in Service Desk > Customers > Organisation list (https://####.atlassian.net/projects/JMS/customers)

If I go to Jira > System > Permission Helper "Discover why a user does or does not have certain permissions..." and type their email into User, choose an issue they should have access to and press submit, I get an error.

User '######' is unknown

Things that might be notable?

Yesterday I added a user to an organisation, I can see him fine. Today it is not working.

I removed Jira Service Desk IT Support Workflow Scheme generated for Project JMS from the project to rationalise the workflows and just have one, but I have added it back in. 

In system > View Usage for Project Role: Service Desk Customers: This project role is not associated with any notification schemes, permission schemes, issue security schemes or workflows.

I can see in the audit log that the users have changes their passwords (accepted the invite and are in)

I created a test account customer "Natalie Test Account", was able to raise a request via the portal, when I am logged in as an agent I can see that request, but if I try to find "Natalie Test Account" the user can not be found in the entire jira system. 

Please help me :'( 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2019

I’m beginning to wonder if a newly introduced bug might be the cause. I saw a similar post and was engaged there.

Suggest an answer