Can't see my own workflow in the active sprints view

Patrick Lopez February 1, 2016

Hi all,

I made my own workflow in JIRA. 

I tested it and it seems it works well in the story/sub task view (i see all of transition buttons) but i can't see all states in the active sprints view. I can see "Open", "In progress" and "resolved". "QA" and "Close" never appear.

1.png

I tried to create a column for QA in the board configuration and the transition works after but i don't want this user experience to need a new column.

Do you have an idea of what is wrong?

Another question, how can i put the state name in each block ?

Thanks a lot,

Patrick

1 answer

2 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2016

Hi Patrick,

The board configuration of columns is a visual representation of your workflow that sits behind. So if a status is not mapped to a column then you cannot drag and drop between the a column and "nowhere". As you have already confirmed you can use the workflow transition tools to move proving that your workflow is correct. 
When you state you do not want your user experience to be a new column, this raises the question of how will your users transition to/from this status? If there is no column matching then they will not see the issue on the board. If it is the extra board then you could consider mapping more than one status to the same column - the downside to this is you cannot drag and drop between statuses in the same column.

Names of statuses are present where more than one status is mapped to a column to allow the user to choose which status are they transitioning in to. 

Hi Phil,

Thanks for you response.

I would like to have 2 states in Progress column and Done column like this :

screenshot-science-metrix.atlassian.net 2016-02-01 11-39-53.png

Oh god, i think i understand something....

You can't change a sub task states in the active sprint view if the initial state and the end state are in the same column.

Am i right ?

Suggest an answer